SUPPORT THE CITY WE LOVE AND CALL HOME
*Note that this compilation is a work-in-progress. Milwaukee Day is a labor of love, not our full-time jobs. We have not intentionally omitted anyone. Please let us know what you're up to and we'll keep updating.
Music and more:
The Outsider is open from 2PM-1AM Celebrating 414 Day! This all day event includes local artist and alumni of True Skool Inc, the charitable partner for this event!
Live music events includes: Protege, Darylanne, Big AP, Boodah Darr
DJ Sets by: DJ Gemini Gilly, DJ The Jenius
Art + Live Painting by Jason Christensen & Liv MKE
Tequila Tasting by Nosotros
Pop Up by Unfinished Legacy
Help us raise money for True Skool and show out for our city.
No Cover but please purchase a ticket to receive a welcome cocktail, raffle ticket and to bypass admission line into the venue!
4Waukee 4$hit Exhibition
A four day event 4-8PM Daily at La Gente Art Gallery (2478 N Murray Ave)
Friday 4/14 Gallery Opening Night
Saturday 4/15 Performing Artists: Emmitt James, Ms. Unique, Quise Terry, Ronski!, Ammorelle
Sunday 4/16 The Heartland Screening and Community Conversation
Monday 4/17 4Drop & 4 Shop
Come celebrate Social MKE’s 414 Day Kickback 6-10PM Walker’s Lounge 626 S 5th St. with sounds by DJ Mister Martin. 25+ to enter. First 100 will receive our 414 Day Souvenir cup! RSVP at socialxmke.com
Come celebrate 414 Day Weekend at Company Brewing, 735 E Center St.
Friday 4/14 MKE Music Night XLVIII - 414 Day/Latin Night at Company Brewing with Tlalok & Friends // Los Mitoteros | Doors at 9:30 PM | Show at 10:00PM | Cover $10
Friday & Saturday 4/14-4/15 Milwaukee Underground Film Festival 2023 (MUFF) | 12 PM | Free
Sunday 4/16 Undercover Organism EP Release Party with Funk Summit Bass Team | Doors at 9:30 PM | Show at 10:00PM | Cover $10
Cooperage MKE + Breaking & Entering Milwaukee:
Cooperage MKE in Collaboration with Breaking & Entering Milwaukee are celebrating 414 Day. Music at 8:00PM from Tigers, Twin Mack, BJ Seidel and Realitytv , DJ sets by DJ Dripsweat and Live Art from Non-Pop, 822 S. Water St. $10 Cover
From 4-7PM Kind Oasis will be Celebrating 414 Day. There will be: Prizes from Milwaukee Records. Celebrating 69mg D8 Milwaukee Record Release, Cider Sampling from Pomona Cider Company and Treats by Sweetly Baked MKE, DJ Set by Tyler/Grant and Live Music from 6-7PM from Lady Bird
218 Gallery is celebrating 414 Day Weekend with an event Saturday 4/16 | Doors @1:30PM Music @2 PM | Keith Watling - Solo Guitar Performance
Milwaukee area businesses:
Milwaukee Makers Market
Come on down to Milwaukee Makers Market "Celebrate Milwaukee" Season Opener
with 2020-'21 & '22 Best of Milwaukee Winner:
Friday 4/14 Day Makers Market at the UWM Panther Area for the Admirals vs. Chicago game 7PM
Sunday 4/16 Makers Market at Discovery World Pavilion 10AM - 4PM
414 Day Community Clean Up
Come support our community, this Saturday 4/16 by cleaning up some areas of Milwaukee in need of some love. Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org to participate!
All Goods MKE
“414 Day, Shop Tee” Available THIS FRIDAY online and at the West Allis Location 1411 S 72nd St. for a limited time only! Shop at AllGoodsMKE.com
Support Milwaukee's Black businesses with this directory, and discover restaurants, shopping, digital services, museums, resources, and more.
Donate to score, in store food drive. 11:30AM-6:00PM
Select Pick N Save Locations, benefiting: Tosa Cares, Milwaukee Homeless Veterans Initiative and Bay View Community Center
Receive 2 Tickers for a Brewers game by donating 4 Non-Perishable Items
41.4% The Recombobulation Area Subscriptions
For our celebration of Milwaukee Day (4/14 for the 414 area code), The Recombobulation Area is offering subscriptions for 41.4% off. That means you can support this publication with a full-year subscription for less than $30, or less than $3 per month.
The Recombobulation Area
41.4% off a subscription for the award-winning column
Axe throwing for $4.14 per person, reserve a spot now
Miss Mashed Up
414 Day Flannels for sale. We be available at Milwaukee’s Makers Market 4/16
Mb Squared Photo
MKE Brew Co
MKE DAY IPA + Re-com-bob-ulation Beers are available all over the city for 414 Day!
414 Day Shirts for sale, get yours today!
Milwaukee area resources:
UNITED WAY URGENT NEEDS FUND
United Way’s nonprofit partners in Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County are experiencing increased need for emergency food service, additional costs for needed medical equipment, more pay for staffing and a greater need for cleaning supplies. This fund will support the urgent needs of nonprofits as they arise.
INTERCHANGE FOOD PANTRY
The local resource has been affected by shortages, and needs help buying wholesale goods for those whom they serve.
TANDEM COMMUNITY MEALS
One of the best restaurants in town has stopped taking orders to focus on making food for donations to those of greatest need in our community. Please support this heroic gesture, if you can.
IMAGINE MKE ARTIST RELIEF FUND
Help for artists and creators who have lost so much income due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Milwaukee area non-profits:
BOYS & GIRLS CLUB OF GREATER MKE
In response to concerns over COVID-19 (Coronavirus), Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee is offering resources our Clubs families and the greater Milwaukee community to help youth stay engaged and learning while ensuring their safety. Help support their ongoing mission.
AMERICAN RED CROSS OF WISCONSIN
The Red Cross always needs blood donations, but the need especially urgent right now. Learn how and where to make a difference during this crisis.
Milwaukee area resources and services:
UNITED WAY VOLUNTEER NEEDS
The United Way of Greater Milwuakee & Waukesha County needs volunteer help in its response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
VISIT MILWAUKEE - GET INVOLVED
Find ways to help small businesses and those in the tourism and hospitality industries in Greater Milwaukee.
EBENEZER STONE MINISTRIES
The nonprofit food pantry provides bag lunches and hot meals on Saturdays, plus Wednesdays from 8-11. Visitors can also get clothing by appointment. Financial support is greatly appreciated, as are food donations from restaurants or suppliers.
MILWAUKEE RESCUE MISSION
One in four of our neighbors in Milwaukee are living in poverty. The Rescue Mission provides shelter, meals, clothing -- basic needs, education and recovery for the community. They're grateful for any support.
What do you have in the works? Let us know what your organization has going on and we'll list it.
STILL LOOKING FOR OTHER WAYS TO CELEBRATE TO MAKE EVERY DAY LIKE MILWAUKEE DAY? HERE ARE SOME OF OUR FAVORITE THINGS TO DO -- AFTER THE SAFER-AT-HOME ORDER IS LIFTED AND IT MAKES SENSE TO SOCIALIZE IN PUBLIC AGAIN. MAKE SURE TO USE #MKEDAY AS YOU SHARE, WHEVER YOU CELEBRATE ON APRIL 14.
* Find the spot where Hank Aaron hit his last home run in the Miller Park lot.
* Do the custard rounds in a single day. Leon's, Gilles, Kopp's, Oscar's… Who's best?
* See whatever's playing in the main house of the historic Oriental Theatre.
* Gear up for skateboarding at Sky High on Howell.
* Skip some stones on Lake Michigan.
* See some art and underground local comedy at Var Gallery.
* Spend the night at a house designed by the one and only Frank Lloyd Wright.
* Pre-set your car's radio to local independent stations - 88Nine, WUWM, and WMSE.
* Don't know the password at The Safehouse? Then dance like you mean it for the patrons inside.
* Find an angle of MAM's Calatrava that's never been photographed before.
* Cheese-curd eating contest? Cheese-curd eating contest.
* Teach your out-of-town friends how to correctly pronounce, "Mwaukee."
* See the next big thing with a show of up-and-comers at an intimate local club.
* Yell a lot at the next Brew City Bruisers roller-derby bout.
* Out late on the East Side? Don't miss out on the ramen at Ardent.
* High-five an MCTS bus driver.
* Try something new in the 'Tosa Village.
* Hit up the secret rattlesnake button at the Public Museum.
* Tell your kids the story of the real-life Bambi, Lawrencia Bembenek.
* Order something with bacon at Comet.
* Get a group together and take a behind-the-scenes tour of Miller Park.
* When you Instagram art, don't forget to mention the artist in your caption. Then follow them.
* Become a member of Milwaukee Film.
* Support a visiting author at Boswell Book Company.
* Bike the Hank Aaron Trail.
* Treat yo' self to a staycation at the the Pfister, the Iron Horse, Hotel Metro, or the Brewhouse Inn & Suites in the old Pabst brewery.
* Teach yo' self how to spell "Antetokounmpo."
* Clear your paper plate on the cheap at Conejito's.
* If you haven't yet, get yourself a Milwaukee Public Library card.
* Donate any money or time you can spare to one of our amazing area non-profits.
* Memorize all the words to Channel 12's "Hello, Milwaukee" promo song of 1977.
* Experience the city like every out-of-towner and take a tour of a brewery.
* Find something you've never tried before on Center St. in Riverwest.
* Watch Milwaukeean Dan Harmon's "Community" and cheer anytime Abed wears a Dead Alewives t-shirt.
* Go back to the Mitchell Park Domes. It's been way too long.
* Subscribe to the Pabst/Turner/Riverside newsletter, and be the first to know.
* Bring a group to ComedySportz. Or better yet, register for an improv class.
* Find locations for Major League around the Third Ward.
* Clap politely when that touring band imagines they're the first ever to make a Laverne & Shirley reference.
* Shop local! Eat local! Play local!