CELEBRATING THE CITY WE LOVE AND CALL HOME
Milwaukee Day belongs to everyone in 2019, with venues and businesses celebrating in their own ways. Let us know what you have in the works and we'll list it, as long as it's safe, fun and positive. Note we don't plan our own events anymore, but we love to connect likeminded members of the community to participate, and to spread the word through our awesome friends in the media. We love to see what you’re up to on social media, too, so please share by using #MKEDay.
Happening Sunday, April 14, 2019
MILWAUKEE ANTHOLOGY - BOSWELL BOOKS
The release of Belt Publishing's Milwaukee Anthology, featuring 55 essays from 55 Milwaukee-based writers, including your friends here at Milwaukee Day. - 3pm, 2559 N. Downer Ave.
Milwaukee Record presents the Milwaukee Day showcase ft. Platinum Boys | Klassik | Joseph Huber | Lauryl Sulfate & Her Ladies of Leisure | hosted by Kavon Cortez-Jones - doors 4:30 | show 5:30 (21+), 822 S. Water St.
MKExpanded showcase ft. Genesis Renji | Camb | Nile | Sharrod Sloans | Mo’City | Shun Millions | J-Lamo | Spaidez - 7pm, 2496 S. Wentworth Ave.
PABST BREWERY & TAPROOM
Tigernite | Midwest Death Rattle | Beach Static - 3-7pm, 1037 W. Juneau Ave.
$4.14 admission to the Museum, and Milwaukee Day specials at MOTOR and in The Shop - 10am-6pm, 400 W. Canal St.
Milwaukee Maker's Market opens its 2019 season on Milwaukee Day - 10am-4pm, 500 N. Harbor Dr.
All-ages show w/ Direct Hit | Rational Anthem | '83 Wolfpack - 3-7pm, 5036 S. Packard Ave.
Soul music, ecstatic dance and mindfulness with featured artist Lex Allen - 12-2pm, 1037 W. McKinley Ave.
MILWAUKEE COMMUNITY ACUPUNCTURE
Get a five-session for the special price of $65 all day on April 14th by stopping in or calling 414-943-2915 - 435 E. Lincoln Ave., 2nd floor
PURPLE DOOR + SHERMAN PHOENIX
Free mini-cones of the new Purple Moon ice cream to celebrate the 8th anniversary of a Milwaukee original with a twist on the Midwest favorite - 205 S. 2nd St. + 3565 N. Fond du Lac
HISTORIC MILWAUKEE INC.
Individual Milwaukee Neighborhood posters on sale $4.14, combo posters marked down $4.14, and neighborhood magnets will be buy 4, get 1 free! (valid in-store only). - 235 E. Michigan St.
Enter the Milwaukee Day Challenge by adding to the list of 414 Ways to Celebrate Milwaukee Day (with kids!) for a chance to win the Ultimate Milwaukee Day Family Prize Pack
PALOMINO + HONEYPIE + SMALLPIE
Stop into any of the Pie Incorporated restaurants all day long for Milwaukee-made food and drawings for prizes centered on the city we all love
GOOD CITY BREWING + TOO MUCH METAL
Back by popular demand, the Bucks-themed 414 pint glass (and more fun in store) - 2-8pm, 2108 N. Farwell Ave.
ORCHARD STREET APPAREL
Get 14% off of all merch with code 414DAY at checkout, including the new retro Milwaukee design. Now through April 14.
MILWAUKEE BLACK RESTAURANT WEEK
The 4th annual celebration of entrepreneurship runs from April 14-20 across the city, thanks to the BlankSpaceMKE collective. Support any or all of the 23 participating Black-owned businesses around the 414. - Kicks off Sunday at BlankSpace MKE from 4-6pm, 339 W. North Ave.
"Keg Stand-Up" returns with live comedy, food served at your table, a special menu and delicious beer. - 7-8:30pm, 1872 N. Commerce St. (21+)
WKLH 96.5FM - ROCK & ROLL ROOTS
Steve Palec's show has been a beloved institution on Milwaukee airwaves since 1987. This Milwaukee Day, he dedicates the entire three-hour program to Milwaukee music (not just Milwaukee artists). - 9am-noon
GREAT LAKES DISTILLERY
The distillery's Milwaukee Day party, with tours (free if you're dressed as Wayne & Garth), a new liqueur release, and more - 1-5pm, 616 W. Virginia St.
SPRECHER BREWERY - WALKER'S POINT TAPROOM
Stop into the Taproom for specials on some of Milwaukee's favorite beers and raffles to win People's Flag of Milwaukee-inspired apparel - 706 S. 5th St.
MILWAUKEE BREWING COMPANY
New Gin O-Gii beer release event - 10am-7pm, 1128 N. 9th St.
Get deeply discounted tickets to Rodger's and Hammerstein's 'The King and I' for $41.40 with code MKEDAY- April 9-12 & 14 performances, 1128 N. 9th St.
Sunday FunDay Milwaukee Day with live music from Size 5’s, 5 O’Clock Charlie, Rockabilly Rebels, Lack Of Reason, Magnetic Minds, and Faux Fiction - 10am-7pm, 1753 S. Kinnickinnic Ave. (free, 21+)
GATHERING PLACE BREWERY
$4.14 full pints in the taproom - 12-6pm, 811 E. Vienna Ave.
MIKE CRIVELLO'S CAMERA
The store's two-week Picturing Milwaukee contest kicks off on 4/14, with residents invited to photograph what YOUR Milwaukee looks like, with prizes for winners - April 14-April 27
TURNER HALL BALLROOM
The 39th Annual WAMI Awards honor some of Wisconsin's best musicians - 7pm, 1040 Vel R. Phillips Ave.
This year's party features daylong specials, new Milwaukee Day shirts, Horseshoe Tattoos, Keanan & the Rippers, and local DJs - 134 E. Juneau Ave.
ALL MKE SECURE PARKING LOCATIONS
Heading out for the holiday? Get $4.14 off parking at all of Secure Parking's Milwaukee locations on Sunday with promo code 414 - see the website to book a spot and learn more
HISTORIC MITCHELL STREET CLEAN-UP
Help make this south-side neighborhood even more beautiful, then celebrate the day at Highbury Pub - starts at noon
THE SUGAR MAPLE
Celebrate Milwaukee Day in the Bay View neighborhood with Vennture Brewing Co. and Classic Slice Pizza - 2-5pm, 441 E. Lincoln Ave.
Free Community Class at Shred415 East Side - 4:14-5:14pm, 2165 N Prospect Ave.
THIRD BRANCH CREATIVE STUDIO
MKE Local Market pop-up at Third Branch in Walker's Point with more than 20 vendors - 11am-4pm, $3 admission and kids' admission is free, 133 W. Pittsburgh Ave.
The road to the 2019 NBA Championship goes through Milwaukee, with the first game of the Bucks' quest to bring home a title starts on Milwaukee Day - 1111 Vel R. Phillips Ave.
*Businesses selling or serving Company Brewing's Milwaukee Day Lager:
Downer Wine & Spirits
Outpost Natural Foods
Ray's Wine - Wauwatosa
Iron Gate BBQ
Brew City MKE
Engine Co. No. 3
Fuel Cafe 5th St.
Birch + Butcher
More to come! Let us know what your business has going on and we'll list it.
STILL LOOKING FOR OTHER WAYS TO CELEBRATE?! HERE ARE SOME OF OUR FAVORITE THINGS TO DO. MAKE SURE TO USE #MKEDAY AS YOU SHARE.
* Find the spot where Hank Aaron hit his last home run in the Miller Park lot.
* Do the custard rounds in a single day. Leon's, Gilles, Kopp's, Oscar's… Who's best?
* See whatever's playing in the main house of the historic Oriental Theatre.
* Gear up for skateboarding at Sky High on Howell.
* Skip some stones on Lake Michigan.
* See some art and underground local comedy at Var Gallery.
* Spend the night at a house designed by the one and only Frank Lloyd Wright.
* Pre-set your car's radio to local independent stations - 88Nine, WUWM, and WMSE.
* Don't know the password at The Safehouse? Then dance like you mean it for the patrons inside.
* Find an angle of MAM's Calatrava that's never been photographed before.
* Cheese-curd eating contest? Cheese-curd eating contest.
* Teach your out-of-town friends how to correctly pronounce, "Mwaukee."
* See the next big thing with a show of up-and-comers at an intimate local club.
* Yell a lot at the next Brew City Bruisers roller-derby bout.
* Out late on the East Side? Don't miss out on the ramen at Ardent.
* High-five an MCTS bus driver.
* Try something new in the 'Tosa Village.
* Hit up the secret rattlesnake button at the Public Museum.
* Tell your kids the story of the real-life Bambi, Lawrencia Bembenek.
* Order something with bacon at Comet.
* Get a group together and take a behind-the-scenes tour of Miller Park.
* When you Instagram art, don't forget to mention the artist in your caption. Then follow them.
* Become a member of Milwaukee Film.
* Support a visiting author at Boswell Book Company.
* Bike the Hank Aaron Trail.
* Treat yo' self to a staycation at the the Pfister, the Iron Horse, Hotel Metro, or the Brewhouse Inn & Suites in the old Pabst brewery.
* Teach yo' self how to spell "Antetokounmpo."
* Clear your paper plate on the cheap at Conejito's.
* If you haven't yet, get yourself a Milwaukee Public Library card.
* Donate any money or time you can spare to one of our amazing area non-profits.
* Memorize all the words to Channel 12's "Hello, Milwaukee" promo song of 1977.
* Experience the city like every out-of-towner and take a tour of a brewery.
* Find something you've never tried before on Center St. in Riverwest.
* Watch Milwaukeean Dan Harmon's "Community" and cheer anytime Abed wears a Dead Alewives t-shirt.
* Go back to the Mitchell Park Domes. It's been way too long.
* Subscribe to the Pabst/Turner/Riverside newsletter, and be the first to know.
* Bring a group to ComedySportz. Or better yet, register for an improv class.
* Find locations for Major League around the Third Ward.
* Clap politely when that touring band imagines they're the first ever to make a Laverne & Shirley reference.
* Shop local! Eat local! Play local!